CHINESE FOR KIDS LEVEL 1
Students will be introduced to the four tones of the Chinese language and how to read pinyin (romanized Chinese reading).
Students will also learn simple traditional Chinese children songs (两只老虎) and popular English songs in Chinese (Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars).
- Counting from 1-10
- Chinese zodiac animals
- Introducing objects using this and that
- Address terms for family members
- Describing objects using simple adjectives, such as big and small
- Counter words for people and animals
- Indicating possession using the particle 的
CHINESE FOR KIDS LEVEL 2
Students will continue to learn how to perfect their pronunciation of pinyin and the tones.
Students will learn how to form various sentences using vocabularies they have learned from level 1 (family, animals, color, etc).
- Using question word who/whose
- Expressing whether they like or do not like something
- Names of fruits and vegetables
- Using adjectives to describe people and daily objects
- Counter words for different objects
- Action verbs